We’re hiring! MHP is looking for an Assistant Property Manager to join our Queenstown team.March 3, 2017
MHP, a leading New Zealand manager of syndicated and individually-owned commercial properties, is looking for an Assistant Property Manager to join its fast-growing team.
Based in our offices in Frankton, Queenstown and reporting to the Senior Property Manager, the Assistant Property Manager will support and assist the Queenstown team with property accounting and managing a significant portfolio of privately-owned and syndicated properties.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a genuine desire to learn on the job, developing skills and gaining the experience necessary to progress into a Property Manager role in the future, managing a portfolio of assets. Training in accounting and property management software will be provided.
The Assistant Property Manager will be responsible for a broad range of tasks covering all aspects of MHP’s day-to-day business, including:
- Property accounting (including processing invoices, rents, preparing financial reports, GST returns and shareholder payments, annual budgeting and other financial administration)
- Facilities management
- Property management (including lease management, landlord/tenant relationships, coding invoices and managing arrears)
- Office management and administration (including handling phone calls and walk-ins).
Skills and experience required
- Accounting skills
- Knowledge of business processes and systems
- A willingness to support other staff
- Adaptable, able to handle several different tasks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
The successful candidate will join a friendly and energetic team based across three locations in the South Island: Christchurch, Queenstown and Dunedin.
Our team manages over 100 property assets around New Zealand from Kaitaia to Invercargill; leased to international and national tenants including Vodafone, IAG, Trustpower, The Warehouse, Countdown, Briscoes, Trade Me and Kathmandu. As we work across multiple locations, some travel will be involved.
Please note, candidates must be citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand or have a valid visa for working in New Zealand.
For more information on MHP, visit www.mhpl.co.nz.
Apply on Seek here: https://www.seek.co.nz/Job/32923813?_ga=1.161617788.1151088940.1488271125