Commercial Property Manager position available in TaurangaAugust 27, 2018
MHP is a leading New Zealand manager of syndicated and individually-owned commercial properties. Our team are industry experts that oversee all aspects of property and facilities management within our extensive portfolio. Our portfolio includes flagship assets around New Zealand, leased to national and international tenants, including The Warehouse, Countdown, Trustpower, Vodafone and Westpac. MHP currently operate out of three locations, Christchurch, Dunedin and Queenstown, with Tauranga to be our next permanent location.
Tauranga is quickly becoming a key focus area for our business and we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running. You will be responsible for managing accurately and efficiently the various aspects of Property and Facilities Management and the upkeep of assets in the MHP portfolio. Reporting to the Asset Manager, you will develop key relationships with tenants, directors, contractors and suppliers in the Bay of Plenty region and other key North Island locations. Our portfolio extends nationwide, and travel will be required. This is the first permanent position in the Tauranga office which we are hoping to grow further in the future, you will be based in a shared office with another property business.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Lease renewals and negotiations
- Rent reviews
- Ensuring tenants comply with their lease obligations
- Advising on assignments of lease and sub leases
- Monitoring and collection of rentals, OPEX and levies
- Organisation of supplier payments
- Financial reporting to Directors and Shareholders
- Arranging market, insurance and rental valuations
- Arranging insurance and ensuring renewals are processed
- Liaising with lenders regarding finance
- Liaising with directors and shareholders
- Dealing with tenants’ enquiries and issues
- Inspecting premises and meeting with tenants on a regular basis
- Ensuring efficient day to day running of buildings
- Arranging maintenance and repairs
- Contractor management
- Maintaining current Building Warrants of Fitness
This role is ideal for someone who knows and enjoys all aspects of the management of commercial buildings. Ideally you will have completed a property and valuation degree, law degree or commerce degree and have experience with commercial property, leases and negotiations. This is an opportunity to either advance your career in commercial property or take a side step into a small company with a big plan.
Experience with Xero and Property or Facilities Management software will be an advantage and you will have effective communication and relationship building skills. You will be a highly organised individual that works well in a busy environment and is happy to work autonomously.
A little more
We are a unique team that believes in honesty and hard work. Our business is growing and we are looking for individuals that think outside the box, enjoy learning and constantly strive for better. We are focused on continuous development within the business and work with our employees closely on their professional and personal development. Career growth is encouraged within our business and progression opportunities are available for the right person.
We are interested to hear from all individuals that are on a commercial property career path.
If this role sounds like a challenge you are keen to take, please apply online here. If you have any questions about this role or MHP, please contact Gabrielle on 021 344 728.